BOC Final: Yonanas




What if you could make your favorite flavor of ice-cream or sorbet without all of the calories, chemicals, and sugar? A device called Yonanas came up with a solution. Yonanas allows you to make sorbet and ice-cream type treats using fresh fruit right from the freezer. The way Yonanas works -without going into extreme detail- frozen fruit goes in the top, it is smashed and swirled around in the middle, and squeezes out the frozen concoction right into the bowl.


The Yonanas recipes typically call for bananas, because they create the best flavor and ice-cream-like texture, however many ingredient and fruits may be used i.e. strawberries, mangos, pineapple, peanut butter, chocolate chips, etc.) Depending what is added to the mix, Yonanas creates a healthy treat to satisfy the ice-cream lovers cravings. "When you add in other fruits and nuts like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, peanuts, almonds to the base of bananas, you add more nutrition including: vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, folate, iron, calcium, protein, manganese, more potassium and dietary fiber, and loads of antioxidants, making Yonanas a super Superfood."


Yonanas, America's favorite small appliance for the kitchen that turns frozen bananas and other frozen fruit into a healthy, delicious treat that looks and tastes like soft-serve ice cream, is getting colorful this spring.




Now that Yonanas is becoming popular, they are adding excitement to their product by coming out with a variety of colored Yonanas machines. "The new colored machines are a great addition to the Yonanas family and add a fun twist to the Yonanas-making process," said Eileen McHale. “And just like the frozen treat, the new line is a pleasure you don’t have to feel guilty about.” The colored machines are a great idea to add personality to the product. “Our eyes and our taste buds are so closely aligned…it’s only natural to round out the bounty of fruity colors Yonanas churns out with a set of vibrant machines to match them.”


I own a Yonanas maker myself, and I enjoy it. It allows me the satisfaction of my ice-cream craving, yet doesn’t leave me feeling guilty. I have tried a few recipes such as bananas with Reeses, peanut butter and jelly Yonanas (strawberries, bananas, and peanut butter), strawberry pineapple, mango, and even attempted making strawberry margaritas. My only complaint towards Yonanas is that it can be a bit messy, and requires a little more effort than I had hoped for. "If the machine was a little quieter and easier to clean, it would be amazing. As is, it's pretty cool. I imagine it would be loads of fun with kids. But even my 30-year-old friends were into it." This is a review from a customer that I would say I agree with. However, I’d rather work slightly harder for a frozen treat, rather than eat a sugary high calorie guilt trip. I would recommend Yonanas to any health conscious ice-cream lovers out there! In fact, I’m eating Yonanas right now!"Quick, easy, fun to use - thats Yonanas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment