BOC Final: Audi TT





"Truth in Engineering"


Audi, founded in 1899, has been around for over 100 years. The brand was developed in Germany. The company was developed by August Horch. The name Audi came from the name Horch. Horch, meaning "hark!" translates to "Audi in German. Eventually Horch left the company in 1909 due to problems with the company. "Audi was forced to produce vehicles for the war effort, and then after the war the recession was also a tremendous problem for the company."  Finally Audi overcame their problems and became as worthful as worth full as Porche and Mercedes.




"Nothing compares or keeps up." Ever wonder what the four rings of Audi's famous brand symbol mean? They have to do with the four companies who brought Audi together. "The Audi emblem with its four rings identifies one of Germany’s oldest-established automobile manufacturers. It symbolizes the amalgamation in 1932 of four previously independent motor-vehicle manufacturers: Audi, DKW, Horch and Wanderer. These companies form the roots of what is today AUDI AG." I've always admired the four rings. I think they look sophisticated and pleasing on the Audi vehicles.



"'Vorsprung dutch Technik' or, 'Progress through Technology' is our company ethos and is the core belief that drives the development of every Audi vehicle." Most consumers admire and are pleased with the Audi brand. The flagship Audi A8 is a full-size luxury sedan meant to appeal to wealthy consumers looking for maximum luxury and space.” Audi has made a great effort to be viewed as a luxury brand against its competitors: Mercedes, Porche, and Lamergini. Audi uses a lot of product placement in movies, books, and television shows.







Audi has been my favorite car company for many years. My mom drove two different Audis for many years. Frequently riding in the car with her allowed me to become attached to the luxurious brand. Another reason I fell for Audi was because of Reese Witherspoon’s character, Elle Wood’s, adorable Audi TT in the 2001 film “Legally Blonde”.






Ever since the movie I wanted an Audi TT. Finally in 2011 just before I graduated, I nixed my piece-of-junk first car for a silver 2000 Audi TT. It wasn’t quite as cute as Elle’s car, but I was happy. I finally had the car I always dreamed about. As the years went on the car got older and it was finally time for something a little more convenient, so I recently got a different car. However, my Audi has been my favorite car I’ve driven by far. Someday (when I’m rich!) I plan to buy the Audi of my dreams! Either another TT or maybe a shiny Audi sports car.






No comments:

Post a Comment