Week Seven BOC: Visit to a Retailer

A retailer I visited was TJ Max. Being a discount retailer, the store layout wasn't fancy, but it was organized in a specific way. There was a section for purses, a section for women's, men's, children, and young adults. I was pleased with TJMax's cleanliness and organization for being a discount store. Typically stores like Ross or Marshals feel dirty and unorganized, TJMax does a good job of making their store a pleasant place to shop.



Their customer service was there when needed, but not "in-your-face" like some retailers. I noticed every so often, a voice recording would come on over the speakers with a woman saying "Hey Maxinista..." and would say something to make me feel good about shopping there. In the dressing room there was a sign that said "Get it! You know you want to!" I though that was a good marketing scheme to promote sales.



I was very pleased with my trip to TJMax and I am convinced that it is one of my favorite discount stores to shop in. I came out with some great items and didn't get the typical buyers remorse I tend to feel after a shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment