BOC Final: Nuero Drinks




The Neuro-drinks were established in 2007 by entrepreneur and philanthropist Sanela Diana Jenkins. The Neuro-drinks became very popular amongst younger generations. Competing with energy drinks and other nutrition beverages, Neuro quickly made it's way to the shelves of gas stations and grocery stores everywhere. "Our Mission. Neuro is a beverage that helps you do more than simply exist..." The drinks were made to enhance moods or feelings [energy, sleep, happiness, focus, weight loss, even... sex!] One of the most attention grabbing Neuro-drinks was Neurogasm - made to enhance sexual energy and sensation, and increase blood flow. The name was soon changed to Neuropassion in order to be allowed by more vendors.


"In a nutshell, the Neuro Drinks are a series of artificially flavored beverages that contain a cocktail of caffeine and vitamins alleged to give consumers increased focus, passion, or energy, depending on the specific drink. Yes, they are completely legal to consume–but, unfortunately, they are also rather expensive." The drinks are a little on the expensive side; it's be nice to see them in a jumbo variety pack from Costco someday, I'd sure stock them up in my fridge! In my opinion the drinks taste like vitamins, but yummy vitamins kind of like the Flintstone vitamins for kids, if I could describe it. "The drink tasted like weird diet soda, a vaguely citrus, carbonated-Splenda kind of a deal, with a slightly thicker texture than I normally prefer in my drinks. It wasn't gross, exactly, but it wasn't climbing up the ranks of my favorite beverages either. "

The drinks come in a variety of colors flavors, for a variety purposes. With their unique bottle shape and eye catching colors the drinks they are very tempting to try.“The colorful bottle and interesting names of the drinks caught my eye at first, and after tasting it, it doesn’t taste as bad as you think,” said Scott Bishop a computer science major. “It does more [for me] than all those other drinks do and it’s new so I have been sticking with it.”  There are definitely different opinions on the beverages from consumers. It may be a preferred taste, but so is coffee, energy drinks, and other nutrition drinks as a matter of fact.


"NeuroBliss: Lightly carbonated grapefruit juice. Pretty dense flavor, but perked up by the carbonation. Tastes like happy!
NeuroSport: Uncarbonated lemon-lime. Incredibly open and refreshing, exactly what you’d want while/after working out.
NeuroSonic: Stronger carbonation, quite fruity to the point of being unidentifiable. Tastes like brain power.
NeuroSleep: Soft and smooth mango, uncarbonated. Almost soothing.
NeuroTrim: No carbonation, and a prominent yet fleeting taste of something that grows on a tree. Comes and goes without a need for commitment."











My personal experience with the beverages has been positive. I trust the Neuro-drinks more than other energy drinks and notice a difference in my mood when I drink them. Who knows if it's a mind trick -maybe I drink the Neurobliss and think I feel happier because it's in my head that I will - or Hey! Maybe they really work! Either way, I like the flavor and prefer them over the sugar and calories of energy drinks, so unless bad news comes out about these colorful drinks, I will continue to be a fan of the Nuero-drinks!









No comments:

Post a Comment