EOC Week Nine: fun. as a brand.

Even celebrities have their own brand. I went to take a look at the website of my current favorite recording artist. Knowing that Fun.com was surely already taken, I typed fun into Google. fun. was the first search that came up; which -website or not- it already proved their popularity.


I went to their website, http://www.ournameisfun.com/. The website is most likely not run by the band themselves, but contains all the basic information a fan could need. I has their tour dates, videos, music, where to buy their merchandise, and pictures. There is not much color to the site, just black, white, and a few yellow buttons. It leaves it simple and keeps the direction focused on the content. However, I don’t think the website grasps their personality or “brand” as much as it could.


If I were to change the website I would ad an “About Us” section and write bios about the artists of the band. I would have more going on in the website to express fun.’s personality more than it does. The website now is clearly basic just to give information, not express their brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment